15 June 2018
Are you ever at the grocery store, at the movies, etc and you overhear people complaining? And don’t you just wonder to yourself why they are complaining? I mean, even I complain about stuff. But if there’s one thing I try my hardest not to complain about are the blessings that God has blessed me with. And that’s what I’m here to talk to you about today.
I don’t watch the news anymore, because it’s far too much negativity. People killing themselves because they don’t have God in their lives and they’re not grateful for the blessings God has given them. The media complaining about the President that half the country didn’t vote for, when they should learn to be respectful of all people no matter what. The media complaining about anything. Politicians and celebrities saying or doing this or that that was shocking and apparently newsworthy. I’m sickened about all of that. Complain, complain, complain.
Let me tell you, if the majority of our world, or society in general, learned to be content with what they have and learn to follow God like they should, we wouldn’t have as many problems and misled people. We wouldn’t have a bunch of complainers we’re surrounded with. And it’s ironic, too, that a lot of things that they complain about in their lives they have actually wanted/hoped for/prayed for at one time in their lives. Now, hmm, suddenly that changes?
- Don’t complain about your God, for He was the one Who created you and your loved ones and made you into a beautiful person, Who gave you all your hobbies and loved ones and people in your life. You should be extremely grateful to Him every day for all these blessings in your life, for it is actually only if we are thankful for what we already have do we receive more blessings.
- Don’t complain about your job, because you need it to supply your income. Without income you wouldn’t be able to put food on the table, pay your bills, and buy stuff. It provides security for you and your household, and is a blessing.
- Another blessing is your spouse. Actually, this should be #2 on your list that you’re thankful for blessings (#1 being God). Remember when you were in high school or college and the only single person among all of your friends, and how you longed for, in the deepest recesses of your heart, for someone to share your home with? And now you’re complaining how your husband or wife never does this or that, blah blah blah? Really? Don’t forget about everything your husband or wife DOES do to you, and how much they love you. Don’t forget how they always treat you right and how you’re #1 in their life. Spouses are a huge blessing. I should know – I married one 🙂
- Don’t complain about your children and everything they do or don’t do. Try to be the best parents that you can and raise them right, but don’t wish that you never had children or that it wouldn’t be so hard. There are hundreds of infertile couples all over the world who would KILL to be in the same position that you’re in. Don’t forget that. Children are a blessing, more than you can ever imagine.
- Don’t complain about your family, for there are lots of folks out there in the world who don’t have family at all. Families are a blessing.
- Don’t complain about your friends, for God sees and knows everything, and along with talking bad about everyone else in your life, you will stand before the Lord on that one day. Friends are a blessing, but if they are thorns in your sides, then maybe it’s time that you find some better and truer friends. Friends should always make time for you and be by your side. They should encourage you and want to be around you all the time. That’s how one knows they have true friends.
- Don’t complain about the food that you eat, the water you drink, the places you go. There are lots of people in the world who don’t have such luxuries. The right thing to do is to be thankful for the food that you’re eating, which is something I had to learn from a young age. Even if you don’t like the food, eat it anyway and be thankful that God has richly blessed you in supplying it to you.
Overall, folks, just be content. Be content with what you have and you can never go wrong. True contentment, though, is found through being a follower of Christ. Believe, repent, confess and be baptized for the remission of sins. Follow God and His unique plan and will for your life. It will change your life. It will make you into a better and stronger human being. And, for the love of all that is good and great, please just stop complaining so much. People don’t like to hear it anyway.
Be content. Be thankful. And be good to others. ~ That, after following God, is the answer to true and lasting happiness.~